This guide is designed to assist you with any questions you might have accessing library resources from off-campus.
Online issues have many factors involved and may take some time to resolve. Some of these could be:
- You, your computer, your browser,
- The Sinclair Library and all of it's factors,
- IT at Sinclair, its servers and connections,
- The resource provider or vendor (such as EBSCO or OhioLINK),
- The phone/cable company,
- The Internet in general...
In some cases, library resources such as article links or streaming videos might be put into your Angel Shell for a class by your instructor.
If none of the information in this guide helps, or you need help with ANGEL in general, call the Sinclair Helpdesk at
- (937) 512-4357 (HELP) or
- (866) 781-4357 (HELP) toll free.
You might also contact your instructor to let him or her know that there is a problem.
Announcements, problems, etc.
PLEASE remember that most online library resources require a 9 digit Tartan number for you to use when off-campus. Read more here.
- If you are using an Apple device and have ugraded to IOS7, you will have to uninstall and reinstall some apps, like Overdrive, to view ebooks again.
- It appears that many Flash and Realplayer videos still do not work well in Firefox. Mozilla has put out some options that you can read here. It also might cause problems with the NAXOS music service. One alternate solution is to switch browsers.
- If you ever get a choice at the SAFARI TECH BOOKS Login Screen, choose "ACADEMIC LICENSE & PUBLIC LIBRARY USERS". If you are trying to access them and cannot, please try using this link - http://proxy.ohiolink.edu:9099/login?url=http://proquest.safaribooksonline.com/?uicode=ohlink
Reporting a problem - Contact Us
If this guide was unable to help you in resolving your problems, or you would like to reach a person directly, please contact us by:
Phone - (937) - 512 - 3004
Facebook - Message us or Post on our wall (Requires a Facebook Account)
Friday: 7:30 am - 5:00 pm
Saturday: 9:00 am - 4:00 pm (Closed during the Summer)
Need to find WiFi near You?
Do you have a laptop, but no Internet access at home? Find yourself away from home and suddenly have the urge to do homework?
Try one of the links below to search for Wi-Fi near you. (Some sites offer free access, but some may charge a fee.)
What do you have the most trouble with when using Library resources?